Although the holidays are a time for families and joy, the criminals are out in full force. Statistically the crime rate rises every year during the holiday season and this year is going to be no exception. With the current economic situation there is predicted to be a rise in home invasions and thefts. We, at Nashville Locksmith Pros, decided to release our top 5 tips to help protect your home and family during the holiday season.
- Get an automatic lighting system for when you are not home. Automatic lighting systems are surprisingly affordable and can be set to turn on any light during a set time period you choose. This will cause a thief who is watching your home to rethink his plans when lights are turned on or off at random.
- If you leave a key outside, do not put it in an obvious place. Where is a thief going to look first? The most common places to leave a key are under the mat, on top of the porch light or under one of the garden art statues near the door. If your key is in any of the spots, Move it now!! Try somewhere that is inconvenient like under a certain piece of edging stone away from the door.
- Double barrel locks are a great theft deterrent. With double barrel locks you have to have a key to get in or out. So, if someone breaks out the glass on your door they can’t simply turn the lock and get in. Just be sure not to leave your key in the inside lock. Place it far enough away from the door that someone couldn’t just reach in and get it if the glass was broken.
- If you are going to be out of town a while, consider having a house sitter or dog sitter stop in several times a day. The activity at the house will deter any would be crooks and make it look like someone is home.
- Watch where you position your Christmas tree. Some thieves will drive through neighborhoods and look for houses with visible Christmas trees and presents underneath. Instead put your tree in a less conspicuous spot or wait about placing all the large boxes underneath.
By implementing some of these safety strategies you can increase your homes security. From all of us at Nashville Locksmith Pros have a safe and happy holiday season.
Nashville Locksmith Pros
150 4th Ave N Nashville, TN 37219
Call (615) 295-8008
Servicing the following areas:
Nashville, Antioch, Whites Creek, Madison, Hermitage, Old Hickory, Brentwood, Goodlettsville, Joelton, Hendersonville, Franklin, Pegram, Mount Juliet, Ridgetop, La Vergne, Nolensville, Greenbrier, Ashland City, Kingston Springs, Smyrna, Pleasant View, Gallatin, Chapmansboro, Murfreesboro, 37011, 37013, 37015, 37024, 37027, 37035, 37064, 37065, 37066, 37067, 37068, 37069, 37070, 37072, 37073, 37075, 37076, 37077, 37080, 37082, 37086, 37089, 37115, 37121, 37122, 37129, 37135, 37138, 37143, 37146, 37152, 37167, 37189, 37201, 37202, 37203, 37204, 37205, 37206, 37207, 37208, 37209, 37210, 37211, 37212, 37213, 37214, 37215, 37216, 37217, 37218, 37219, 37220, 37221, 37222, 37224, 37227, 37228, 37229, 37230, 37232, 37234, 37235, 37236, 37237, 37238, 37239, 37240, 37241, 37242, 37243, 37244, 37245, 37246, 37247, 37248, 37249, 37250